CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Oak Ridge Boys Concert

I did something last Saturday night, that I haven't ever and also, something I haven't done in a long time. I got to go to the Little Nashville Opry in Nashville, Indiana (Brown County), and see The Oak Ridge Boys. I'd never seen them in person, but I hadn't been to the Little Nashville Opry in what seems like forever. I had a great time, but the pics I took didn't turn out at all. I was nervous about taking the pics with my new digital camera, and I guess this new camera doesn't have image stabilization, or I couldn't find it lol. But, the good thing is, they come back to Little Nashville Opry a few times/year. May have to wait until 2009 to see them again, but at least I'm gonna find image stabilization on my camera by then LOL. I wrote down all the songs they did. I forgot my little notebook and a pen, so I had my Dad stop at the Brown County IGA, so I could get a pen and little notebook on our way to the concert.

Here's most of the songs they did: "One In A Million", "American Made", "Come On In", "Heaven's A Small Town", "Down Deep Inside", "I Guess It Never Hurts To Hurt Sometimes", "Y'All Come Back Saloon", "Frisco Silver Dollar Line", "Leavin' Louisiana In The Broad Daylight", "Callin' Baton Rouge", "Dream On", "Hard To Be Cool (In A Minivan)", "Glory Bound", "Noah, Didn't It Rain?", "The Baptism Of Jesse Taylor", "Canaan Land", "G.I. Joe", "Closer To Home", "Thank God For Kids", "Elvira", and "Bobbie Sue". Dad and I figure it'd be about a 2-hr. show, but they had to end at 7:45, which was 15 minutes or so early, because they were notified that people for the 9:30 show were already starting to show up and the parking lot needed to be cleared out from this 6p.m. show. Toward the end of the show, I got a little more nervous, because I hadn't heard my favorite song, "Elvira". But, then, there it was! I bolted out of my seat, and headed up toward the stage, almost tripping over my Dad, because he had his legs stretched out in front of him and he's 6'3" or so. I wasn't gonna let outstretched legs stop me from getting to the stage LOL. Even those pics didn't turn out because of the nervousness. I don't shake taking normal pics, so I guess I'll just have to calm down next time. Any of my family who reads this, knows I'm a natural born klutz, so the tripping won't surprise them LOL.

I'd been listening to "Elvira" & "American Made", probably for the last 25 years, and I'll be 31 in November. Dad started my listening to The "Oak Ridge Boys" probably when I was 5 or 6. OK, gonna end this before it becomes a "book". Hope you enjoyed reading about my experience with the "Oak Ridge Boys" show.

Thanks,
Becca


2 comments:

Summer Loving Gal said...

I'm glad you had so much fun.....it comes through in your words. :-)

Mental Notez said...

Wooohoo!! So happy for you that you got to do this!!
Now, where is Nashville, IN?? LOL