CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Thomas Kinkade Art of the Day & Story

Hi, everyone! As you'll see, to the right side, I added a new page element today. I know my first blog post was about my Mom's artwork, but I couldn't resist adding the Thomas Kinkade Art of the Day element. This is only because my Mom and I used to watch Thomas Kinkade when he was selling his artwork on QVC, and jokingly, my Mom would say, "He's almost as good as I am". She didn't mean this in a conceited way, of course. This was our time together, and she would tell me what was wrong with his painting, as each new one would come up on the TV for sale, so I learned quite a bit.

As my Dad says to people who view her artwork, "She was a professor's professor". When I was little, she taught in Kentucky and Ohio, and would do just what my Dad stated, and teach people how to become art professors/teachers. She was hired by companies such as Grumbacher, to travel to various places and teach. I remember once when I was little (probably did this more than once, but I just remember one in particular LOL), that I was teething, and in my rolling bouncy walker, and I snuck up behind her, and gently bit on her wrist, as she had one hand behind her, while painting with the other. She just scooted my bouncy seat back over and continued on with class, so I must've not hurt her too badly. I wasn't reprimanded, either. Do ya think having 3 brothers and being the only girl and the youngest of 4 kids has anything to do with not being reprimanded for that? LOL. Anyway, gonna end this before it becomes a "book".

Thanks,
Becca

2 comments:

Mental Notez said...

Love Thomas K. and after seeing your Mom's stuff, love her too!! :O)

Mental Notez said...

The TK was some beautiful yellow roses! Really gorgeous and made your site look wonderful this morning when it is raining outside!